TRACK DATES 2013
FEBRUARY 4, 2013
The Formula 600 Challenge Series announces the five tracks slated for the pro races. The Formula 600 Challenge Series pro series will be running its race series at the following tracks with the following prize money per race.
- Kansas Motor Speedway, Kansas City, Kansas May 4-5 2013
- Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen, New York, July 20-21 2013
- Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Alabama August 31-Sept. 1 2013
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio October 5-6 2013
- Road Atlanta, Braselton, Georgia November 1-3 2013
The Formula 600 Challenge series was developed to help promote an affordable open wheel formula car to showcase talent without large financial race budgets.
The Formula 600 open wheel cars use a 600cc motorcycle engine and a 6 speed sequential drive chain revving up to 13,000 rpm with speeds capable in excess of 135 mph. The sound of these drivetrains at 13,000 rpm with their 6 speed sequential transmissions is likened to a F1 car.
The purse provided for each race will comprise of cash and prize awards for the top finishers, along With tow fund payments.