Clint McMahan wins the inaugural Formula 600 Challenge Double Race Weekend at Heartland Park, Kansas.
The Formula 600 Challenge Series rolled into Heartland Park Topeka, Kansas for the double race weekend to start the 2013 race schedule. Matt Strand took Saturday’s race with a very impressive drive while Clint McMahan took first place honors in Sunday’s race. The tie breaker for total points was Clint’s fastest race lap (1:22.883) in Sunday’s race. Finishing third was Jason Fitzpatrick, fourth place went to Chris Ross, Tom Edwards held on to fifth and George Bugg grabbed sixth.
In Saturday’s race Matt Strand’s strong drive while dicing with a Formula Ford claimed first place in Formula 600 while Clint McMahan finished second while leading most of the race. Jason Fitzpatrick took third place honors.
In Sunday’s race Clint McMahan came from a last place starting position in a very impressive drive to claim first place. Matt Strand swapped positions with Clint and took home a second place finish while Chris Ross cruised to a solid third place.
The Formula 600 Challenge moves on to Watkins Glen Raceway on July 20-21.
We are very thankful for our sponsors who have made this series possible:
- Metalloid Corporation of Sturgis, Michigan (www.metalloidcorp.com)
- Shrieve Chemical Products of Houston, Texas (www.shrieve.com)
- ZIBEX, Inc. of Duluth, Georgia (www.zibexwater.com)
- Hoosier Racing Tire (www.hoosiertire.com)
- CoolShirt and Luna-C (www.coolshirt.com and www.lunaclothing.com)
- Dallas, Texas area AMSOIL dealers