F600 CHALLENGE SERIES: FIRST TIME AT GINGERMAN RACEWAY
The F600 Challenge Series opened its 2016 season with its first time appearance at the recently repaved GingerMan Raceway near South Haven, MI. The open flowing track with its high speed sweepers makes for great racing. There were seven F600 Challenge drivers who raced this past weekend. For the 15 lap race #1 on Saturday, sim racer, Sven deVries, took the pole with a 1:34.7 with veteran 2015 Series champion, Aaron Ellis in second. In the race, these two immediately started dicing back and forth until Sven lost his drive chain on the 9th lap. The order of finish was Aaron Ellis, 1st, series rookie Barry Luterek, 2nd, Carl Maier, 3rd, Mo Makki, 4th, series rookie Jeff DeLong, 5th, series rookie Zak Morvik, 6th and Sven deVries, 7th.
For race #2 on Sunday, Sven deVries did not qualify so Aaron Ellis took the pole with a 1:35.6 followed by Barry Luterek in 2nd. In the race, Sven deVries, starting from the back of the pack, charged up to the front just behind Aaron Ellis by the 2nd corner. These two swapped the lead several times until near the end when Sven was struck by bad luck yet again with a failed motor. Aaron Ellis then cruised to 1st place for his second race win of the weekend; 2nd was Carl Maier, 3rd was Mo Makki, 4th was Sven deVries, 5th was Barry Luterek, 6th was Jeff DeLong and 7th was Zak Morvik.
After two races, the points standing are as follows:
- Aaron Ellis 24
- Carl Maier 22
- Mo Makki 20
- Barry Luterek 18
- Sven deVries 16
- Jeff DeLong 14
- Zak Morvik 12The Formula 600 Challenge moves on to Round #2 at the Road America June Sprints, June 17-19.
We are very thankful for our valued sponsors who have made this series possible:
- Metalloid Corporation of Sturgis, Michigan (www.metalloidcorp.com )
- Shrieve Chemical Products of Houston, Texas ( www.shrieve.com )
- Hoosier Racing Tire ( www.hoosiertire.com )
- Honda Performance Development (www.hpd.honda.com/racing-line)
- Solo Performance Specialties (SPS) (www.soloperformance.com)
- Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies (www.PegasusAutoRacing.com)
- Speed Partz (www.speedpartz.com )
- Hawk Performance ( www.hawkperformance.com )
- Winding Road Racing (www.WindingRoadRacing.com )
The Formula 600 Challenge Series was developed to help promote an affordable open wheel formula car class to showcase talent without large financial race budgets. The Formula 600 open wheel cars use a 600cc motorcycle engine and a 6 speed sequential transmission revving up to 15,000 rpm with speeds in excess of 140 mph. The sound of this drive train is likened to a F1 car.
Please visit our website: www.theformula600challenge.com for news, photos and videos.
For more information, please contact:
Jim Murphy Fred Edwards Carl Maier
770-861-2337 260-438-4295 972-897-9763
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com