After much input and discussion the 2018 season will be expanded from five race weekends to seven so that more drivers can make the series by choosing the four, or more, weekends to run; of course, the finale will decide the final points standings. To help with this goal, here are the schedule rules:
1) Best 4 count towards series points.
2) Race closest to home pays no tow fund.
3) Must do 4 races to be eligible for 100% of tow fund.
4) Series points tie breaker is based on qualifying results with 1st = 3, 2nd = 2 and 3rd = 1 tie breaker point.
Here is the 2018 schedule:
- April 6 – 8 Hallett Super Tour
- June 1 – 3 Mid-Ohio Major
- June 15 – 17 Road America June Sprints Super Tour
- June 29 – July 1 Roebling Road Major
- July 13 – 15 Blackhawk Farms Divisional
- August 24 – 26 Barber Divisional
- November 2 – 3 Road Atlanta ARRC
Hallett and Blackhawk Farms are new to the series as requested by the drivers to run at tracks that the Series has not run at before. The series is mostly in the center of the country to help with travel costs. The schedule is open for those who want to also qualify and enter the west coast Runoffs.
The Formula 600 Challenge Series was developed to help promote an affordable open wheel formula car class to showcase talent without large financial race budgets. There are no paid staffers and one hundred percent of all sponsorship monies and product goes directly to the drivers in our series mostly as a tow fund payment for each race. The Formula 600 open wheel cars use a 600cc motorcycle engine and a six speed sequential transmission revving up to 15,000 rpm with speeds in excess of 140 mph. The sound of these cars is likened to F1 cars.
Please visit our website: www.theformula600challenge.com for news, photos and videos. Like us and share on our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/Formula600Challenge/
For more information, please contact:
Jim Murphy Fred Edwards Carl Maier
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
770-861-2337 260-438-4295 972-897-9763