F600 CHALLENGE SERIES ANNOUNCES PRELIMINARY 2014 SCHEDULE
The big news is that we have teamed up with SCCA Pro for 2 of the races!
More details on the Pro races will be coming as we get them ironed out but for now, here is the schedule:
- May 10-11, Virginia International Raceway – Double SARRC
- June 13-15, Road America – June Sprints Majors
- July 4-6, Mid-Ohio – Pro Race with F1600, F2000, FA Pro, FF/CF, FV…
- August 8-10, Barber – SCCA Summer Fest with SRF, SRF3, FF, FE, CFF, FV,
- August 28-31, Thompson, Conn. – Pro Race with F1600, F2000, FA, SRF, Pro-IT
- Oct. 30 – Nov. 2, Road Atlanta – ARRC, Challenge Series Finale
The Pro races will include approximately 3 hours of dedicated track time (no mixed classes!) over a 3 day weekend. The F600 Challenge Series Board is free to organize the format for these three race weekends with two 30 min. sessions each day. These two Pro race events will consist of only formula car/SR’s except for the Pro-IT cars at Thompson.
The Formula 600 Challenge series was developed to help promote an affordable open wheel formula car to showcase talent without large financial race budgets. The Formula 600 open wheel cars use a 600cc motorcycle engine and a 6 speed sequential drive chain revving up to 12,000 rpm with speeds capable in excess of 135 mph. The sound of these cars is likened to F1 cars.